How to Apply for the FAIT Fellowship
The application for the FAIT Fellowship 2023 cohort is closed. Applications were accepted September 12, 2022 through February 3, 2023.
The application for the 2024 cohort will open in September 2023. The dates for the application period will be posted here. To receive email updates on the application dates, click the button below and sign up for our email list.
Below are the current eligibility requirements for the FAIT Fellowship 2024 cohort. Women, members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service, and those with financial need, are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to apply for the 2024 cohort, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be enrolled full-time in an IT-related bachelor’s degree program OR seeking admission in an IT-related master’s degree program at a U.S.-based accredited institution
- Be on a timeline to graduate with your bachelor’s or master’s in spring 2026 while enrolled full-time for spring and fall semesters*
- Hold a minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application, and maintain this GPA throughout the program
As a selected FAIT Fellow, you must:
- Obtain and maintain medical and security clearances and suitability requirements
- Agree to a five-year commitment with the Foreign Service upon successful completion of the program and the State Department’s entry requirements.
If you are not sure whether your degree program fits into the timeline, please contact us at FAITFellowship@twc.edu before you apply.
FAIT Fellowship Timeline
Below is a general timeline for the 2024 cohort of the FAIT Fellowship program.
- September 2023 – February 2024: Applications accepted
- March 2024: Notifications of finalist selections are sent via email
- Spring 2024: Finalists participate remotely in the interview and selection process
- June 2024: Orientation
- September 2024: FAIT Fellowship program begins for the 2023 cohort, as you enter the junior year of your undergrad OR the first year of your graduate program
- May 2025: Finish your spring semester
- June – August 2025: Domestic Internship (10 weeks), Professional Development Series
- September 2025: Fall semester begins (final year of your undergrad or graduate program)
- May 2026: Graduate with your bachelor’s degree or your master’s degree
- June – August 2026: Overseas internship (10 weeks)
- September 2026: Enter the Foreign Service as an Information Management Specialist
Your application must include: