The Foreign Affairs IT Fellowship program is designed as a two-year cohort model, with the application window for each cohort opening in the fall and closing the end of January the following year.
The application for the 2022 cohort is now closed. The next application cycle will be for the 2023 cohort, and will begin in fall 2022. The dates for the 2023 cohort application will be updated prior to September 2022.
To be eligible to apply for the 2023 cohort, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program relevant to Information Technology at a U.S.-based accredited institution and entering your junior year in fall 2023, OR
- Be seeking admission in an IT-related master’s degree program at a U.S.-based accredited institution beginning in fall 2023;
- Be on a timeline to graduate with your bachelor’s or master’s degree in May 2025;
- Hold a minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application, and maintain this GPA through participation in the program;
- Be able to obtain and maintain medical and security clearances and suitability requirements;
- Agree to a minimum five-year commitment with the Foreign Service upon successful completion of the program and the State Department’s requirements.
If you are not sure whether your degree program fits into the timeline, please contact us at FAITFellowship@twc.edu before you apply.
Women, members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service, and those with financial need, are encouraged to apply.