Here’s one last chance for a walk-through of the Foreign Affairs Information Technology (FAIT) Fellowship application and for you to ask your questions directly to our presenters with the U.S. Department of State and The Washington Center (TWC).
This 60-minute webinar is designed for individuals who are planning to apply for the FAIT Fellowship program or who are currently working on their application.
The final deadline for your application submission is January 16, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). But, if you submit your completed application by January 2, the FAIT Fellowship team will check it to ensure the application is completed in full and the required documents are received. This gives you a chance to make any corrections for the final deadline of January 16.
Patricia Boerner, Department of State, and Heidi Ramaeker, The Washington Center, will walk you through each step of the FAIT Fellowship application and answer your questions about the required documents. They will also discuss the eligibility requirements, the selection process, obligations of FAIT Fellows, and the timeline of the FAIT Fellowship program. You will discover:
- What transcripts and financial documents are required to be submitted with the application
- Who you should ask for your letter of recommendation
- The importance of your personal statement
- When the clearance processes and suitability review are conducted
- The difference between a suitability determination and a security clearance
- How the selection process works
- Your obligation to the State Department once you accept your approval into the FAIT Fellowship program
- The timeline of the 2024 cohort, from orientation to appointment into the Foreign Service
- And much, much more.