FREE Webinar for Advisors, Faculty and Parents
Thursday, June 4, 2020 | 1-2 p.m. ET
The Foreign Affairs IT (FAIT) Fellowship, called an “opportunity of lifetime” by past FAIT Fellows, is a U.S. Department of State program that provides academic funding and internships, and culminates in a career in the Foreign Service, for IT-related majors.
Hear directly from Patricia Boerner, Program Manager for the Foreign Affairs IT Fellowship, U.S. Department of State, and Chelsey Jones, Senior Manager, Federal Programs, The Washington Center, to learn how you can support your students to apply for this exciting and rewarding program. In this one-hour webinar and Q&A session on Thursday, June 4, 1-2 p.m. Eastern Time, our presenters will go into details about the program, including:
- An overview of the FAIT Fellowship program and the role of an Information Management Specialist in the Foreign Service
- How the FAIT Fellowship program is aligned with the State Department’s goals to attract top tech talent that reflects the diversity of the United States
- Eligibility requirements, including guidance on what to do if you are unsure whether a degree program is eligible
- What is covered in the academic funding of up to $37,500 annually for two years
- What is required of students who are accepted into the FAIT Fellowship program (such as, summer internships, attending the professional development series, Foreign Service appointment)
- Options for spreading the word – virtual info sessions, in-person info sessions, printed or digital materials from TWC
- And much more
You’ll be able to ask questions during the Q&A session. While this webinar is designed for advisors and faculty at colleges and universities, parents and students are welcome to attend.