This webinar was recorded live on January 12, 2023, and is now available to watch on-demand.
This webinar is designed for individuals who are applying for the 2023 cohort of the FAIT Fellowship program. Students who are currently working on their FAIT Fellowship application will benefit from the information and guidance provided in this webinar.
The final deadline for your application submission is February 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). But, if you submit your completed application by January 13, the FAIT Fellowship team will check it to ensure the application is completed in full and the required documents are received. This gives you a chance to make any corrections for the final deadline of February 3.
Patricia Boerner, Department of State, and Chelsey Jones, The Washington Center, will walk you through each step of the FAIT Fellowship application and answer your questions about the required documents. They will also discuss the eligibility requirements, the selection process, obligations of FAIT Fellows, and the timeline of the FAIT Fellowship program. You will discover:
- What transcripts and financial documents are required to be submitted with the application
- Who you should ask for your letter of recommendation
- The importance of your personal statement
- When the clearance processes and suitability review are conducted
- The difference between a suitability determination and a security clearance
- How the selection process works
- Your obligation to the State Department once you accept your approval into the FAIT Fellowship program
- The timeline of the 2023 cohort, from orientation to appointment into the Foreign Service
- And much, much more.
This webinar is designed for individuals who are planning to apply for the FAIT Fellowship program or who have started their application.
Looking for general info about the FAIT Fellowship program, including benefits and eligibility requirements? Please access the on-demand webinar Applying for the Foreign Affairs IT Fellowship 2023: Benefits, Eligibility and Tips.