This webinar was recorded live on January 7, 2021, and is now available to watch on-demand. Click on Register below to access the recording.
The U.S. Department of State and The Washington Center (TWC) co-present this 60-minute session to walk you through the Foreign Affairs Information Technology (FAIT) Fellowship application and answer your questions. This webinar is designed for individuals who are applying for the 2021 cohort of the FAIT Fellowship program. Students who are currently working on their FAIT Fellowship application, as well as those who plan to apply for a future cohort, will benefit from the information and guidance provided in this webinar.
The final deadline for your application submission is February 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). But, if you submit your completed application by January 15, the FAIT Fellowship team will check it to ensure the application is completed in full and the required documents are received. This gives you a chance to make any corrections for the final deadline of February 1.
Patricia Boerner, Department of State, and Blessing Rutonesha, TWC, will walk you step-by-step through the application and answer your questions about the required documents. They will also discuss the eligibility requirements, the selection process, obligations of FAIT Fellows, and the timeline of the FAIT Fellowship program. You will discover:
- What transcripts and financial documents are required to be submitted with the application
- Who you should ask for your letter of recommendation
- The importance of your personal statement
- When the clearance processes and suitability review are conducted
- The difference between a suitability determination and a security clearance
- How the selection process works
- Your obligation to the State Department once you accept your approval into the FAIT Fellowship program
- The timeline of the 2021 cohort, from orientation to appointment into the Foreign Service
- And much, much more.